Introduction to Scia Engineer and some projects
Scia Engineer is an integrated, multi-material structural analysis and design software for all kinds of projects
It can be used for design of steel, concrete, timber, aluminium, and steel-concrete composite structures with worldwide application thanks to the integration of numerous international building codes.
In addition to advanced finite element calculations and code-compliant design, it features integrated tools for modelling, exchange of data with third party applications (BIM), easy reporting and preparation of drawings, namely automated general arrangement drawings.
What makes Scia Engineer very different from existing CAE programs is the integration of modelling, analysis, design and automated GA drawings in one Open BIM platform.
Reference projects for Scia Engineer
The extension of building SO 002 and the new building TF STU are part of a large project including the finalisation of building processes and the reconstruction of the university campus in Trnava.
At this time at the Zaventem airport in Belgium, where hall number 40 stood before, a new building is being built.
Key features of Scia Engineer
- Use your Design Competence and Know-How Worldwide
- Integrate your Design Process and Reduce your Investments
- Streamline the Cooperation within the Design Team through BIM
- Look for New Challenges in your Field
- Make your Design Environmental and Economical
What is new?
- Enhancements and extensions in code-design capabilities
- Increase of effectiveness of your day-to-day work
- Checking of reinforced concrete cross-sections with Scia Concrete Section